Grade 1 Skills - B 1-4, B 7-9 - C 2-5 - D 2-19 - E 1 and 2 - F 5 - all of G and H
Tuesday, October 10th
1. Silent reading 2. Parts of speech practice game 3. Brainstorm and prepare outline for last timeline paragraph.
Thursday, October 5th
1. Silent reading 2. Write final copy of paragraph and hand it in with all the prep work. 3. Go over prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections in the grammar booklet. 4. Work on practice questions and mark together.
Tuesday, October 3rd
1. Silent reading 2. Peer edit drafts.
Wednesday, September 27th
1. Silent reading. 2. Go over verbs and adverbs. 3. Work on practice questions and mark together. 4. Brainstorm memories from Kindergarten to Grade 3.
Wednesday, September 20th
1. Silent reading 2. Go over paragraph rubric together. 3. Peer editing 4. Write final copy and hand in with prep work.
Monday, September 18th
1. Silent reading 2. Prepare paragraph outlines and write first drafts.
Thursday, September 14th
1. Reading break 2. Finish pronoun and noun practice questions. 3. Go over practice questions together. 4. Review basic paragraph structure. 5. Brainstorm for first expository paragraph.
Tuesday, September 12th
1. Silent reading 2. Grade 8 Baseline Assessment
Friday, September 8th
1. Reading break 2. Review the classroom procedures and course outline. 3. Go over nouns and pronouns. 4. Work on practice questions in the grammar booklet.
Wednesday, September 6th
1. "Follow the Directions" quiz 2. Go over the course outline and academic honesty contract. 3. Watch a YouTube video clip and connect it to the course. 4. Team-building activity
Please have your course outline and academic honesty contract signed and bring a novel to class next day.