Wednesday, September 19th Thursday, September 20th
1. Silent reading and reference books 2. Continue working on first draft.
Monday, September 17th Tuesday, September 18th
1. Reading break and work on September reference book entry. 2. Begin writing first draft of original composition.
Thursday, September 13th Friday, September 14th
1. Reading break and September entries for reference books 2. Finish essay outline and begin writing first draft.
Tuesday, September 11th Wednesday, September 12th
1. Silent reading and reference books 2. Go over the writing rubric together. 3. Read grade 10 essay samples and mark them on the rubric. 4. Prepare an outline for the first essay.
Friday, September 7th Monday, September 10th
1. Work on September entries in reference book / silent reading 2. Writers' Workshop - use of vivid language - formal vs. informal style - review basic essay and short story structure
Wednesday, September 5th Thursday, September 6th
1. Complete a Facebook profile. 2. Go over the course outline, academic honesty contract, and personal reference book outline. 3. Watch a YouTube video and connect it to the course. 4. Creative writing piece
Please have your course outline and academic honesty contract signed and bring a novel and/or your personal reference book to class next day.M
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.